Peeps Recipes – Things To Do With Marshmallow Peeps
Here are some peeps recipes so that you do not have to put your extra peeps in a drawer and save them for next Easter!!
Did you know that marshmallow peeps are edible for over a year so?
As a matter of fact, it may be a good idea to go out and stock up now while the peeps are half price so you have your inventory available to hold you over until next Easter.
Peeps Recipes – Things To Do With Leftover Peeps
Not that I really like peeps all that much but they are a lot of fun so I thought I would document my peeps recipes so that everyone can join in on the same fun.
One of my favorite peeps recipe is the Chocolate Bunny – Easter Peep S’more.
I make them in the oven.
Just put the graham crackers on a sheet pan and top with pieces of the chocolate bunny.
Place one peep on each cracker and bake at very high temperature until quickly melted. A temp of 400 degrees will melt them quickly.
Remove from the oven, top with another cracker and smush. Usually, you need to make at least three per person.
The peepsters-nutter sandwich is a popular one and easy to make.
I usually microwave the peep for less than 10 seconds…. (They will blow up quickly, which is also fun to watch and an easy way to get rid of some peeps and entertain kids as well.)
Place the partially melted peep on top of a peanut butter spread slice of bread and smush. Another 3 second trip to the microwave enhances it nicely.
Young and old alike will enjoy the peepster-nutter!
Other Things You Can Do With Marshmallow Peeps
When it comes to marshmallow peeps it is OK to be creative. Some other things you could do with peeps include:
- Make rice krispie treats: Use about 20 peeps for a batch using this Rice Krispie Treat recipe.
- Any salad that calls for marshmallows could use peeps instead. Try making an ambrosia salad with peeps.
- You can serve peeps with chocolate fondue.
- They make a great decoration on cakes or better yet cupcakes.
- I already mentioned just microwave them until they explode for the fun of it.
- Any hot beverage goes well with peeps: Enjoy a good cup of coffee with your favorite colored peep. Diversity is always good! They melt quickly so it is just like stirring in a spoonful of sugar.
Sweet Peep Casserole
We all love sweet potatoes and marshmallows so why not use peeps instead!?
Using your favorite sweet potato casserole recipe, just substitute peeps for the marshmallows.
Have Any Peeps Recipes
Well, I have only scratched the surface of peep-licious recipes!
Read the comments below to learn what some of the Peepster WOW readers have done and share your favorite way to eat peeps!
Learn Peeps Recipes – Uses For Marshmellow Peeps
Create some fun in the kitchen with unique marshmallow peeps recipes. Easter candy uses so that the marshmallows are not hanging around till next year.