Healthy Brownie Recipe: Whole Wheat Brownies
There really is no such thing as a healthy brownie recipe. Brownies are never health food.
You can however make them healthier by making whole wheat brownies.
Easy Healthy Brownie Recipe
This healthy brownie recipe is as easy to make as a box mix!
Just dump all the ingredients into a bowl and mix! If 100% whole wheat is too extreme for your family (it is for some) then just use a blend of whole wheat and white flour. Any fiber is better than none!
1½ cup whole wheat flour (or a whole wheat – white blend)
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ tsp. salt
4 whole eggs (or 2 whole eggs and 4 egg whites)
2 ½ cup sugar (cut back on this if you are diabetic)
½ cup vegetable oil (Pick a healthy oil for your brownies!)
8 oz. low-fat plain yogurt
Nuts or any other brownie type additions
Chocolate chips of your choice
I glazed half this recipe and plan to use the other half to make chocolate trifle.
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips.
- Dump in bar pan or sheet pan (11×16) lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 375 degrees till done approximately – 15-20 minutes.
- Top with chips while still hot.
- When melted, smear around to glaze.
Homemade Brownies Are Simple
This recipe is so simple you can have the idea and be eating them in 30 minutes!!
Homemade brownie recipes will always be healthier than boxed mixes!
When you cook from scratch you do not add chemicals, hydrogenated fats and you can control the quantity and amount of sugar that you add.
Scratch made desserts can be customized to meet your families health needs.
While there is no such thing as a healthy brownie recipe this one is definitely a healthier recipe!
Why Is This A Healthier Brownie Recipe?
- Whole wheat flour
- Less sugar: I only use 2 cups if there are no kids involved!
- Good oils as opposed to hydrogenated oils
- You can cut back on your eggs if you want by using part egg whites
- No chemicals