Glazed Strawberry Pie: Red, White and Blueberry
This patriotic Red, White and Blueberry Pie is healthier than the restaurant or store bought version because we use a, good for you glaze and all natural whole food ingredients.
Glazed Strawberry Pie
This red, white and blue glazed strawberry pie can be made with any fresh fruit. Just change out the flavor of jam to match your fruit!
1 cooked whole wheat pie crust
3 cups washed & sliced strawberries (red)
1 cup all-fruit strawberry jam
4 squares (1 oz. each) white chocolate for baking
1 Tbs. butter
1 package (8oz.) light cream cheese, softened (white)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 1/2 cups fresh washed blueberries (blue)
2 cups whipping cream
2 Tbs. brown sugar
3 whole large strawberries – set aside for garnish
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave with 1 tablespoon butter. Stir frequently and alternate with microwaving until melted.
- Pour melted chocolate over bottom of prepared pie crust and spread evenly.
- Combine cut strawberries with 2/3 of jam and pour over chocolate.
- Whip cream until peaks hold and remove 1 cup.
- Beat cream cheese in bowl with brown sugar and nutmeg until smooth. Beat in the reserved 1 cup whipped cream.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over strawberries.
- Combine blueberries with 1/3 of jam and top the cream cheese.
- Mound with remaining whip cream and garnish with reserved strawberries.
Whole food natural ingredients taste better because you can actually taste the food instead of the chemicals.
Whole foods made with real food ingredients taste good and fill you up. When you eat foods that are naturally high in fiber even if they are high calories it will be easier to eat in moderation.